When the requirements are increased for multiple 5G spectrum bands and network density, the mmWave band requires a denser network. This higher frequency band (mmWave) may need the network as many base stations with up to 20 times more than 4G base stations. But operators will face a real challenge when they try to deploy new 5G sites quickly and cost-effectively in complete working order. Here, an accurate assessment of pre-launch performance is essential in terms of rolling out a new 5G network, a new technology overlay, and increasing your network coverage footprint. Testing and optimizing the network is important to ensure that the network 5G gets delivered with the promised 5G user experience from your subscribers’ perspective and here the initial site tuning comes into the picture. This will help mobile operators ensure their 5G network is properly delivered to optimize the user experience. So, now let us see the benefits of 5G site tuning along with User-friendly 5g tester, 5G test equipment, 5g network tester tools and User-friendly 4G Testing RF drive test software, Cellular LTE RF drive test tools & equipment in detail.
What is initial 5G site tuning?
Initial site tuning is a method that implies the validation of new 5G sites and clusters, preparing the intended coverage, and checking the working condition of all voice and data services. The role of initial site tuning is to assemble with the network deployment team when it comes to a mobile operator’s organization. Whether it’s validating, troubleshooting, and optimizing the network deployment or providing reports to the business on the status of the 5G network roll-out, the network deployment team has a big responsibility. The network deployment team can ensure that the network roll-out is completed quickly, cost-effectively, and accurately with operators’ CAPEX and OPEX under pressure and scrutiny.
The role of the network deployment team at the time of building a new site is to make sure that the site is performing optimally and well-integrated with its neighbors in the existing network. In the case of most 5G network rollouts, several sites require comprehensive drive testing, which is a time-consuming and expensive process where finding efficiencies is critical. This is the reason, 5G site tuning is important to adopt.
The benefits of initial site tuning –
- For the validation and tuning of new 5G sites and clusters means you will get the following benefits.
- Speed up your 5G rollout quickly: Accurate initial site tuning ensures faster rollout and deployment in the market of your 5G network.
- Test your customers’ devices consistently: Test the latest 5G handsets that your customers use and access Layer 3 messages with reliability for detailed troubleshooting.
- Ensure a complete view of your subscribers’ experience on the network: You can easily test native and OTT voice quality, OTT applications, and user interactivity.
- Control of your testing with capabilities: To empower or support efficient network testing and analysis, you can take advantage of powerful device-forcing features, scripting, and workflow integrations.
- Associate with worldwide best-practice and standards-based testing: from ETSI and ITU-R, this will benefit you with the latest test methodologies and recommendations.
For initial site tuning, the operators’ network deployment team can use the RantCell tool as a solution to validate their new 5G sites and clusters. This powerful tool enables your network deployment engineers to verify, optimize, and troubleshoot both the 5G network and other mobile network technologies, which means you can not only reliably test and improve your subscriber quality of experience, but also accelerate your 5G roll-out. With RantCell, you can perform network testing remotely, it will save you money by avoiding logistic expenses and providing improved QoS and QoE. RantCell is a SaaS-based software that ensures the user experience is tested for not only new 5G subscribers but also those devices still connecting to your legacy networks.