Birthdays are a special time for birthday boys, and it’s important to make them feel loved on their big day. Even if you’re not the type to go all out, something small will show him how much you care.
Wish him on his social media with a heartfelt birthday post
- Post a picture of you and your friend.
- Post a picture of you and your friend when you were younger.
- Post a picture of your friend’s favorite thing, activity, or food.
- Add some Bible verses from Reneturrek for the birthday blessing.
Send him an adorable card with a hand-written note
Greeting cards are a simple way to show your friend how much you care about him. You can send a card with a hand-written note, or you can even go the extra mile and design your greeting card from scratch.
Either way, make sure that it isn’t too generic—a photo of the two of you would be more memorable! If you want something funny but also sweet, try including a joke in your message. Or, if your friend is spiritual or religious, have an inspirational quote from his favorite book or movie.
Plan a surprise get-together with his close pals.
Plan a surprise get-together with his close pals. This is a great way to ensure your friend’s birthday is spent with good company. Make sure to plan this well so that you can ask everyone he would love to see there and ensure they will be available on his special day. You should also make sure to plan it in a place that is easy to get to and easy for all of your friends to find (no one likes being stuck searching for where they are going).
Cook his favorite meal.
- Make sure you have the ingredients.
- Make sure you have the time to complete it without rushing or procrastinating.
- Make sure you have the skills needed to complete it, such as cooking/baking ability and knowledge of how to make his favorite meal (if he has one).
- Make sure you have the patience for him when he tries your food and doesn’t like it but then does like it later on in life when he eats it again after not having any for several years (or if this is his first time eating this meal).
- Make sure that if you’re making a cake or pie, there’s enough room in your kitchen cabinet so that they can all fit during baking while still being able to get out again without getting damaged.
Be imaginative to wish your friend his birthday
If you’re looking for a unique way to wish your friend his birthday, consider the following:
- Write your own song.
- Make a short video of yourself singing the song and send it to him.
- Record yourself singing “Happy Birthday” in different languages and send all of them at once!
Send a message in advance of the birthday.
The first thing to do is send a message in advance of the birthday. You can do this on the day before his birthday, or even at midnight on his birthday if you have a time machine. If not, don’t worry—send it as soon as you wake up in the morning.
After that, try sending another message on the actual day of his birthday (or even later in the evening). The last thing you want to do is throw away all your hard work by forgetting to send him another one after his special day!
Keep it simple
Keeping it simple and heartfelt is key. For example, I might say, “I’m so glad to have you as my friend. You brighten my day every time we get together.” Or perhaps you’ll want to use meaningful words to both of you: “On your birthday, let’s celebrate by working on that project together—and then allow ourselves some time off before getting back at it.” The point is not simply what you say but how genuine and sincere your feelings are (and note that sincerity does not mean being sappy or corny).
Gift him a thoughtful present that you know he will love.
The next thing you should do is choose a gift that is related to his interests, hobbies, career, and personality. You can also choose a gift that he will love because it relates to his lifestyle (e.g., if he has a dog).
If you’re not sure what kind of present would suit him, we recommend you ask him directly about the things he enjoys most.
I hope this blog was helpful. I wish you the best of luck with wishing your friend their birthday!